September marks Australian Organic Awareness Month (AOAM)
This campaign celebrates certified Australian organic products across all industries. These include food, beverages, skincare, cosmetics, textiles, cleaning products, garden products and even pet food! It also recognises the hard working farmers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers certified by Australian Certified Organic.
In particular, AOAM hopes to raise awareness and educate consumers about the values of the products wearing the Australian Certified Organic Bud logo (as shown below).
What really is organic?
The focus of the Australian Organic Awareness Month this year centres around this question. Many products are marked “organic”. However, unless they are branded with a certified organic logo like the ACO Bud logo, there is no quality assurance. This certified logo is your 100% guarantee that you are buying real, honest organic product.
Buying a product displaying the ACO Bud logo means that product is genuinely organic. It is made cruelty free, non GM, pasture fed, socially responsible, sustainably fished, biodiversity friendly and of course grown free from harsh synthetic pesticides, herbicides, hormones and antibiotics. It is produced according to strict industry standards. This has been done with the health and welfare of consumers, animals and the environment in mind.
You can help raise awareness of AOAM by spreading these social Media Hashtags: #AustralianOrganic #AOAM #LookfortheBudlogo #TrustCertifiedOrganic
7 reasons to choose Australian Certified Organic
- To look after our environment
- To support animal welfare
- To support your own health with real food
- To ensure your skincare is not harmful to your health
- To ensure products that you consume are not genetically modified or produced with nanotechnology
- To be socially responsible
- To support organic farmers, producers and processors who supply with integrity
For more information head to the Australian Organic website.
Celebrate AOAM this September with your chance to WIN an AOAM Prize pack!
This giveaway is brought to you by Australia’s largest certifier, Australian Organic. This is in celebration of Australian Organic Awareness Month (AOAM) happening September 1st– 30th 2016.
Australian Organic Awareness Month Prize Pack
This Australian Organic Awareness Month prize pack is valued at over $150 and includes:
- Barambah Organics Recipe Book,
- Thomas Chipman Sweet Potato Chips 75G RRP: $5.49,
- Absolute Organic Coconut Water RRP: $2.49,
- Five:am Organic Apple Crumble Granola 450g RRP: $6.69,
- Gobble Organics Organic Sun Muscat Raisins 100g $1.99,
- Gemtree Wines 2016 Luna de Fresa Tempranillo Rose RRP: $20.00,
- E3Live Blue Majik™ 1g RRP $3.41,
- Australia’s Own Organic Chicken Style Stock 1L RRP: $3.79,
- Lotus Buckwheat Flour RRP: $7.49,
- Sacred Grounds Papua New Guinea 250g RRP: $13.90,
- Melrose Health Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil 300g $10.65,
- Probiotic Solutions Anytime Anywhere in Lemongrass & Lemon Myrtle 500ml RRP: $10.00 and
- Organic Spa Vitamin C Serum 50g RRP: $69.95.
ENTER HERE for the Australian Organic Awareness Month giveaway
This competition runs from 14th September 2016 until 30th September 2016, with entries closing 12 midnight.
The winner will be emailed shortly after. Entry is subject to the terms and conditions^ as listed below.
Your entry requires only one social media follow. But if you follow us on more than one platform this increases your chances in the draw!
To enter the Australian Organic Awareness Month giveaway now – CLICK HERE
This competition is now closed. The lucky winner is M.Apikian. Congratulations!
Terms and Conditions^
- Please also note that by entering this giveaway, you agree to sign up to Active + Nourished. This means you will receive updates of latest blog posts, information on other upcoming giveaways and discounts/offers. You will also have access to our FREE copy of our ebook “10 Top Pre and Post Training Recipes”.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for this giveaway.
- Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties except for any disclosure of the winner or claiming of the prize as required.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You cannot exchange or redeem the prize for cash.
- The winner will be notified by email.