Bake up a tempting dish for the Easter bunny’s arrival with this yummy carrot tart. In addition to my Coffee Cacao Energy “Easter Eggs”, this is another a super simple recipe anyone can make. Give it a try, hope you like it.
Carrot Tart Recipe
- 5 carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 sheet puff pastry (I used a frozen sheet)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice (I used vegan cheese)
- Coconut oil spray
- Basil or baby spinach leaves to garnish
- Firstly, preheat oven to 195°C.
- Then start by peeling the carrots and halve each of them lengthwise.
- Place the carrots on a lined baking tray and sprinkle the spices over them. Add the extra virgin olive oil and mix together to coat the carrots thoroughly.
- Next, pop the tray in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the carrots are just tender. Timing will depend upon the thickness of the carrots.
- In the meantime, defrost a sheet of puff pastry on a lined baking tray. Fold in the edges of the sheet about 1cm on all four sides.
- Spread the dijon mustard over the sheet of puff pastry inside the border then top evenly with the shredded cheese of choice.
- Place the carrots over the top, side by side, filling in the tart. Give the tart a light spray all over with coconut oil.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C fan forced (or 210°C) and place the tart in the oven.
- Cook for around 15 minutes until the pastry is nice and golden and the carrots are beautifully caramelised and sweet.
- Finally, garnish with baby spinach or basil leaves.
Hope you enjoy this yummy carrot tart with your friends and family. Have a wonderful Easter!